Giving your old reusable sandwich bags a second life
Organize Your Home
by Courtney Heath (CrunchyBeachMama)
Like any reusable product, years of wear and tear will appear. I hate to see anything go in the landfill so have come up with more ways you can still reuse your EcoBagIt! in case one day they develop a small tear or the velcro isn't as sticky as you'd like for food storage. Using some of Green City Living’s first handmade bags from 2012-13, I want to concentrate on a couple of areas in my home that could use all the help they can get.
If you're like me then you are always finding random items or picking up pieces the kids left behind. They get thrown in the junk drawer or in a basket that starts to overflow with miscellaneous items pretty fast. Use your EcoBagIt! to hold all the small tokens neatly in one place. I used a label on the cover to find what I needed quickly. What is nice is that they peel right off to reuse the bag for another use one day!
Ways to Organize Your Junk Drawer
- Game and Puzzle pieces - until they find their rightful home of course.
- Small erasers and Pencil stubs.
- Paperclips, Staples, Safety Pins, Rubberbands.
- Screwdrivers, Screws, Nails.
- Extra keys.
- Buttons, Thread, Yarn, Needle.
- Sticky Notes and Pads of paper.
- Matches and Lighters.
- Photographs, Ticket Stubs, other Trinkets.
Another thought - your craft area. Mine sorely needs to be put in order with all the 'leftover' pieces and other small items that can easily get lost.
Ideas to Organize Your Crafts
- Stickers and Labels.
- Washi Tape and regular Tape.
- Glue Sticks and Glue gun + refills.
- Small Scissors.
- Strings, Yarn, Ribbons, Twine.
- Felt, Cloth, Paper Scraps.
- Embellishments and Extras.
- Crayons, Chalk, Pens.
Other areas in the home that may need organization too -
- Medicine Cabinet and First Aid. Mine is actually a closet and needs some help.
- Play Room - nerf darts, LEGOS, 'where does this go pile' (do you have one of those?).
- Bedside Table - bookmarks, tissue, essential oils.
In fact, some of these ideas are such genius you may not even want to wait until your bag wears and get organized right away. The EcoBagIt! comes in 3 sizes - snack, sandwich, and XL - and many prints to choose from.
Look for more ideas I'll share on how to reuse your EcoBagIt! in the coming weeks.
This guest post is written by Courtney, a crunchy mama of 3 boys, who is passionate about healthy living and keeping her home green. Check out her blog at CrunchyBeachMama.com
Courtney agreed to be a guest writer and respond to a question we received from one of our customers. If you have ideas for future posts or questions about this one, please send them to firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks!