The invitation comes in the mail. Another first birthday party to attend! It sounds fun, but always a little stressful to think of a gift to bring. What does this one year old need? They won’t remember the gift and you don’t even know what they already have.
Here are a few unique ideas that will make any mom and dad smile...and not clog up the playroom with more items!
1. Membership to a local zoo or museum. This provides year round fun for the whole family! Ask other friends and relatives to buy this gift with you to keep the cost down.
2. Monthly subscription boxes that come right to their door every month. It’s such a fun surprise! Check out Kiwi Crate for activities, an outfit a month from Cat & Jack Baby, or start their first monthly book club from many companies who offer this.
3. Personalized toys are always a hit and a memory to last forever. Toys and puzzles from Fat Brain Toys or Put Me in the Story are cute websites to shop from.
4. Growth Charts are something that I wish I would have done with my kids and so now I always think about them. Starting one on their bedroom wall is fun, but a portable chart they can take with them if they move is even better.
5. Photo Album to record the first year. How many times do we say we’ll do it later, but if the materials are in front of us then it gets done faster. A gift card to Shutterfly, or other photo site, for those who like to make digital albums. The albums still be printed and sent right to their door!
Of course I have ideas to give from Green City Living:
Kanga Tot Bibs are made from our leftover scraps. The lower portion of the bib can be snapped up to make a generous food catcher pouch or leave it unsnapped to cover a greater area of clothing.
EcoBagIt Reusable Snack Bags are the perfect size to keep toddler snacks in, because we know that snacks are a must for on-the-go! They now come in a zipper bag too!
Reuse Ware are perfect to keep in the diaper bag. Moms always need a spoon when they can’t find one! They come with a placemat/napkin all rolled up in one which is perfect when eating out and you don’t want their food touching the table.
What unique first birthday gifts have you given?
This guest post is written by Courtney, a crunchy mama of 3 boys, who is passionate about healthy living and keeping her home green. Check out her blog at CrunchyBeachMama.com